Thursday, July 7, 2011

Common Unity

OK, i have already done a blog on judging people. Hopefully folks who read this will take a moment to understand it for what it is. This is my attempt to ALL in the lifestyle to recognize each other with respect and not judgement. Vanilla world does enough of this without us doing it to each other.

My introduction to the lifestyle was not pleasant. Twenty years ago i was not even given enough respect to even be TOLD i was a slave. I only knew i had a strict and jealous boyfriend who liked a few "kinky" things. Yes i was young and utterly nieve. I had no idea the "lifestyle" even existed. As a result, i was injured both emotionally and physically. It was not until i found SL that i learned about the lifestyle or even had a name for what i went through (other than abuse). And it was not until i started getting to know people in the lifestyle that i learned what i went through was NOT a part of the lifestyle at all.

Gradually i started to reconnect with my submissive nature. True to most who have been down the ugly side, i took on the form of Dominant out of self protection. No one was going to hurt me again. But i still wanted to learn more about this lifestyle because something about it resonated with my soul. It took a man like Master, and a lot of time for me to let that wall down. I needed to build trust with a Dominant in order to fully reconnect with my submissive heart. A heart i wore on my sleeve for the abuser and one i wear now for Master. The fact was, for all the friends i had met in the lifestyle, none of them made me feel as safe and sure of my self as He did. None of them made me feel so sure that i could comfortably kneel. I spent too long rebuilding my self confidence and was not able to tear that down by kneeling. Through Him i learned i did not have to. He never ordered or expected me to kneel. He waited till i did it from the heart and on my own terms.
And it took His lifestyle choice too. I have learned over the time that Solace has been open so much about the M/s lifestyle from those whom i hold in the highest regard. Because of these people, i learn more every day and hold the M/s relationship in great esteem. But i could not live in the M/s lifestyle. Too many old hurts and wounds will not let me live fully under that tenant. I do not consider myself above them nor they above me. I simply can not live a life in M/s. Nor do i have to. THAT is the joy of this lifestyle. At least it SHOULD be. That we all understand there are different strokes for different folks and ALLOW each other RESPECTFULLY to be who we are. I may not agree with some aspects of the lifestyle. i may not even like some areas of it. But, as Master says, will give my life for the RIGHT of others to make that decision for themselves.

Vanilla does not do this. Vanilla dictates that there is only one right way and we all have to fall in line. Anything else is unacceptable. Is not this one of the reasons we joined this lifestyle? Not just for the kink or thrill. But because we could be ourselves, be accepted, and not be made to feel "less"? THIS is what i take issue with. There should never be a line between M/s, D/s, Extreme, etc?

 I don't agree with all of them. And i wont teach some of them. I wont teach what i don't personally live. But i respect their right to exist. And the right of others to choose for themselves. In the end we are all under the same flag. All part of the same team. The Lifestyle. We need to stop arguing about whether "company B" is better, stronger, etc than "company C" and focus on the main goal. To rebuild this lifestyle with the grace and honor it deserves. We cant do that with back biting and forced superiority. Vanilla already does that to us enough as it is.

Certainly i fully believe that people also have the right to choose vanilla lifestyle too without being judged. It is the fact that they judge us so quickly that bothers me. And we as a lifestyle seem to have carried some of that judgmental behavior over into our own. If you wear the collar, then we are brothers and sisters in SERVICE regardless of what part of the lifestyle we live in. If you own one who has submitted, then You are connected as brothers and sisters in Dominance, no matter what title You prefer to be called or have earned. It is this bigger family that Sos is working so very hard for. This sense of US as a community.

My final Sub-Stance: Let us not prove the vanilla pudding people right about the kind of people we are or the kind of community we are. Let us be a COMMUNITY  (Common Unity) that proves honor, respect and dignity are not just words we throw around but part of what we all SHARE regardless of personal taste. Let us stand not toe to toe, but form a bridge that all who come to the lifestyle can walk on and feel safe and welcomed on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment