Saturday, May 5, 2012

~=A Leather Invitation=~
by Lady Elsa. Inspired by and adapted from "The Invitation" by Oriah Mountain Dreamer

It doesn't interest me how many floggers you own,
or what famous whipmaker crafted them.
I want to know what you feel as you use them, or as they are used on you,
and whether you consider the person on the other end as that happens.

It doesn't interest me how many years of experience you've had
I want to know whether that time was spent
in the service of something grander than your own agenda.

It doesn't interest me how many slaves you've had,
or what rules you imposed on them.
I want to know whether being under your control made them better people,
and what you learned from their service to you.

It doesn't interest me what events you've attended,
or what club offices you have held.
I want to know whether you can be counted on
to help tear down a dungeon at 3 a.m.,
and whether you'll miss a great workshop
because you're talking with a frightened newcomer in the lobby

It doesn't interest me how much leather you wear,
or the ceremonies or people you got it from
I want to know if what you are wearing makes you feel alive and real,
and whether the spirit of your tribe flows through you as you wear it.

I want to know if you can wrap up a sobbing, naked body in your arms,
of any size and gender, and sit in silent support
as they move through the dark passageways of the mind
that lead to their liberation.

I want to know if you can see beauty
in the practice of a fetish different from your own
and find and feel the humanness in that experience.

It doesn't interest me what type of genitals you have,
Or what types of bodies turn you on.
I want to know if you are of my tribe,
my people, my values,
my blood, my heart.



*Reprinted with permission of Lady Elsa. Original posting on FetLife here*

No comments:

Post a Comment